This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you information about us and the legal terms and conditions (Terms) on which we sell any of the products (Products) listed on our website www.joinARP.alphablocks.tv (our site) to you.
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you (Contract). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from our site. Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these Terms. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Products from our site.
You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 5. Every time you wish to order Products, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time.
These Terms, and any Contract between us, are only in the English language.
- INFORMATION ABOUT US
- We operate the website www.joinARP.alphablocks.tv. We are Immediate Media Company London Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 06189487 and with our registered office and main trading address at Vineyard House, 44 Brook Green, London W6 7BT. Our VAT number is GB 870 0066 51.
- Contacting us
- You have a legal right to cancel a Contract within 28 days under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013). If you wish to contact us for any other reason, including because you have any complaints, you can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 0207 150 5021 or by e-mailing us at ARP@alphablocksmagazine.com
- If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by pre-paid post to the address you provide to us in your order.
- If you wish to give us formal notice of any matter in accordance with these Terms, please see clause 13.
- SERVICE AVAILABILITY
The Alphablocks Reading Programme is currently available for worldwide deliveries, with certain exceptions. Please see our site for the list of countries we deliver to, when placing your order. Your order will be fulfilled by the delivery date set out in the Despatch Confirmation, usually with 7 working days of placing your order. Or, if no delivery date is specified, then within 30 days of the Dispatch COnfirmation, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- YOUR STATUS
- By placing an order through our site, you promise that you are;
- legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
- at least 18 years old;
- By placing an order through our site, you promise that you are;
- HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US
- After you place an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Products have been dispatched (Dispatch Confirmation). The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
- The Dispatch Confirmation will let you know that your order has been sent out to you. See section 2 [SERVICE AVAILABILITY] above for further information.
- If we are unable to supply you with a Product or part thereof, for example because that Product is not in stock or no longer available or because we cannot meet your requested delivery date or because of an error in the price on our site, we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the Products, we will refund you the full amount including any delivery costs charged as soon as possible.
- OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS
- We have the right to revise and amend these Terms from time to time. Please look at the top of this page to see when these Terms were last updated and which Terms were changed.
- Every time you order Products from us, the Terms in force at the time of your order will apply to the Contract between you and us.
- CONSUMER RIGHTS OF RETURN AND REFUND
- You have a legal right to cancel a Contract within 28 days under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
- To obtain a refund, you will need to:
- Email us at ARP@alphablocksmagazine.com, with full details (and images, if appropriate) of why you would like a refund. Please supply your contact details so we can contact you also.
- Please also return the product, plus a copy of your order form, to Alphablocks Reading Programme, Immediate Media Co., Vineyard House, 44 Brook Green, London W6 7BT.
- We can cover the cost of the return upon request.
- If you return the Product to us because you consider the Product to be faulty, mis-described, or you are unhappy with it, we will examine the product. The product must be in the same condition as when you received it. We will notify you of your refund via email within a reasonable period of time. If we are not able to provide a refund, we will tell you why.
We will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible, and in any case, within 14 days of the day we confirmed to you via email that you were entitled to a refund. We will refund the price of a defective Product in full and any delivery charges and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the Product to us.
- We will usually refund any money using the same method originally used by you to pay for the Products.
Your order will be fulfilled by the delivery date set out in the Dispatch Confirmation, usually within 7 working days of placing your order. Or, if no delivery date is specified, then within 30 days of the Dispatch Confirmation, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- PRICE AND PAYMENT
- The price of the Products and our delivery charges will be as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error.
- Product prices include VAT, where applicable. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
- Product prices and delivery charges are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Dispatch Confirmation.
- If the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have been reasonably recognised by you as an error, we do not have to provide the Products to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
- Payment for all Products must be by credit or debit card. We accept payment with Visa, Visa Debit, Mastercard and Maestro. We will not charge your credit or debit card until we dispatch your order.
We warrant to you that any Product purchased from us through our site will, on delivery conform in all material respects with its description, be of satisfactory quality, and be reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of that kind are commonly supplied.
- OUR LIABILITY
- Subject to clauses 10.2 and 10.3, if we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we shall only be liable to you for the purchase price of the Products and any losses that you suffer as a result of our failure to comply (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) which are a foreseeable consequence of such failure.
- Subject to clause 10.3, we will not be liable for losses that result from our failure to comply with these terms and conditions that fall into the following categories even if such losses result from our deliberate breach:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data; or
- waste of management or office time.
- Nothing in this agreement excludes or limits our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- any breach of the obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982;
- (defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
- EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control is defined below in clause 11.2.
- An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- Our performance obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
- WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
All notices given by you to us must be given to The Company Secretary, Immediate Media Company London Limited at Vineyard House, 44 Brook Green, London W6 7BT. We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order, or in any of the ways specified in clause 13 above. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail,that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
- TRANSFER OF RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
- The contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assignees.
- You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
- We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract.
- If we fail, at any time during the term of a Contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under the Contract or any of these terms and conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under the Contract, this will not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and will not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
- A waiver by us of any default will not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
- No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions will be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing in accordance with clause 14 above.
If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms and Conditions or any provisions of a Contract are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT
We intend to rely upon these terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them in relation to the subject matter of any Contract. While we accept responsibility for statements and representations made by our duly authorised agents, please make sure you ask for any variations from these terms and conditions to be confirmed in writing.
- LAW AND JURISDICTION
Contracts for the purchase of Products through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with such Contracts or their formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
A person who is not party to these terms and conditions or a Contract shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contract.
- PRODUCT TESTING STANDARDS
We take the safety and product quality of all our gifts very seriously. All the gifts have been risk assessed and independently tested to all EU testing requirements. Depending on the type of product, they will have been tested in accordance with the below standards and requirements:
- EN71 Part 1
- EN71 Part 2
- EN71 Part 3
- Total Cadmium Content
- Total Lead Content
- Total Phthalate Content
If you have any queries regarding testing then please do not hesitate to contact us.